From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File permissions and such
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:48:48
1 On Monday 28 May 2007, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 28 May 2007 13:52:34 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > > I also noticed a while back that if I am in Konqueror
4 > > > as root and copy to my user desktop, it changes the permissions
5 > > > to my regular user. I never noticed that before.
6 > >
7 > > Ye gods. Why are you running KDE as root ???!!!???
8 >
9 > He's not, otherwise the desktop would belong to root as well as the
10 > Konqueror process.
11
12 Ah yes, my bad. I didn't realise at first that Dale meant he started
13 konqueror as root from a desktop running as a user
14
15 alan
16
17
18 --
19 Optimists say the glass is half full,
20 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
21 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
22
23 Alan McKinnon
24 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
25 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list