From: Richard Watson <waty@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network works OK internally but can't access Internet - very frustrated
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 13:46:12
1 Do you have your dns configuration correct?
2 > please check you /etc/resolv.conf file. Does your DHCP server send
3 > nameserver to the client?
4
5 Thanks for your reply. When the interface is up /etc/resolv.conf has a name
6 change to /etc/resolve.conf-eth2.sv and contains the following:
7
8 # Generated by dhcpcd for interface eth0
9 nameserver 61.9.208.14
10 nameserver 61.9.208.15
11
12 Which is the primary and secondary DNS on my cable modem for Telstra. So I
13 guess the DHCP server is sending the nameserver info. Still no go ...
14
15 Regards, Richard
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list