From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] A couple questions related to fbsplash
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 06:45:24
1 In all my years of Gentoo I've never set up fbsplash and fbcondecor,
2 so I finally did so on my old laptop. It all worked, pretty easy to
3 set up -- however, there are 2 things I have questions about:
4
5 1) I see much of OpenRC's colorful output before the fbsplash kicks
6 in. Is there any trick to prevent that stuff from showing and/or
7 making the splash screen show up earlier?
8
9 2) With the fbsplash enabled, xdm (slim) starts in the background. I
10 have to alt-7 to see the graphical login screen. xdm starts at default
11 runlevel. With splash disabled, xdm (slim) starts in the foreground.
12 Why is that?
13
14 I'm using radeon/kms and gentoo-sources-3.4.0 with the livedvd-12.0 theme.
15
16 Thanks,
17 Paul