From: Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why exactly am I supposed to install Python 3?
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 12:57:26
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > Where is USE_PYTHON documented? I see no mention of it in man make.conf,
3 > make.conf.example or the portage elogs.
4
5 In /usr/portage/eclass/python.eclass ;-)
6
7 To be honest, I wanted that feature so badly that I dug through
8 python.eclass as soon as I saw arfrever mention it. From the code, it
9 seemed to make sense that USE_PYTHON should be added to make.conf, and
10 indeed it works. But I may have misunderstood completely and the
11 "feature" could be removed or modified at any time.
12
13 So it's probably a good idea to stay away from it until it has been
14 documented properly.
15
16 -- Remy