From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] one machine out of many has nothing to update
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 00:10:26
1 Am Wed, May 05, 2021 at 02:24:48PM -0400 schrieb Michael Orlitzky:
2 > On Wed, 2021-05-05 at 20:11 +0200, n952162 wrote:
3 > > Hello.
4 > >
5 > > I update several machines every month.  This month, most of the machines
6 > > needed to update more than 300 packages.  But one, which isn't any
7 > > different than the others, has 0 to update, after running --sync.
8 > >
9 > > Does anybody have an explanation for that?
13 > The manifest verification failed during emerge --sync and you didn't
14 > notice it. Happens to me every time.
15
16 For the sake of speed and bandwidth saving, I used to sync both tree and
17 distfiles between my hosts. So the main PC synced from the interwebs, and
18 the laptop fetched from the PC. So as soon as you know your “master” machine
19 works, you should be fine if your other machines pull from it.
22 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
23 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
24
25 No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
26 However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.