From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Fwd: re: mouse pointer not consistent [net-misc/rdesktop-1.7.1] [mystery solved]
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:10:52
1 -------- Original Message --------
2 Subject: re: mouse pointer not consistent [net-misc/rdesktop-1.7.1]
3 Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 22:49:04 +0300
4 From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
5 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
9 When running [net-misc/rdesktop-1.7.1], I've noticed that the mouse
10 pointer is sometimes shaped like a capital letter 'I', like when a mouse
11 pointer is over a string of characters. Sorry, not sure what the proper
12 name for the character is. While at other times, it is a proper mouse
13 pointer, shaped like an arrow.
14
15 Is it possible to have the proper mouse pointer displayed at all times?
16
17 Thanks.
21 Turns out I was barking up the wrong tree. It wasn't rdesktop's fault at
22 all. The situation I described above happened when being connected to a
23 Windows server 2012. The mouse pointer is now behaving properly with the
24 'Enable pointer shadow' option, found in the mouse properties in Control
25 Panel, disabled.
26
27 Thought I'd let the list know.