From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vanishing tab bar in Firefox
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 09:26:41
1 On Wednesday, 25 August 2021 04:05:12 BST Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > On 24/8/21 10:59 pm, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Friday, 20 August 2021 17:26:15 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > >> On Saturday, 7 August 2021 10:45:26 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 > >>> Hello list,
6 >
7 > [snip]
8 >
9 > > Spoke too soon. It's back again, and it's more stubborn this time. I
10 > > really
11 > > don't want to keep zapping my Firefox directory and setting it up all
12 over
13 > > again, especially as I don't understand what's going wrong. Any crumbs
14 of
15 > > advice or experience, anyone?
16 >
17 > As the Firefox dir is all text files, I think, when you blow it away
18 > and rebuild and get the correct behaviour, grab a copy. When the dodgy
19 > behaviour returns diff the copy, with the good behaviour, against the
20 > current dir, with the dodgy behaviour, and see what's changed. That may
21 > lead to an indication of what's being naughty.
22 >
23 > I have a recollection of doing this in the past to track down a
24 problem.
25
26 Good idea. Thanks Andrew.
29 Regards,