From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC-3.4 will be marked stable in ~1 hour on x86
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 06:09:57
1 Now I have masked >=sys-devel/gcc-3.4 (and use ~x86). Are there any reason
2 to move to 3.4?
3
4 ======= On Saturday 03 December 2005 00:55, Mark Loeser wrote: =======
5 GCC 3.4 has finally been marked stable on x86. No one will have their
6 compiler automatically switched to gcc-3.4 after it is installed, so you can
7 handle the migration to using it as your system compiler when you have time.
8 To assist you in the migration we have made a GCC migration guide[1].
9
10 For support issues, #gentoo is the place to receive help. Bugs found in
11 the course of this upgrade should be filed under the "Gentoo Linux" product,
12 and "GCC Porting" component on Gentoo's Bugzilla[2].
15 That being said, I will be committing it in approximately 1 hour, which means
16 you will need to wait for it to get all of the mirrors, which will take a bit
17 longer after that.
18
19 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/x86/gcc-upgrading-guide.xml
20 [2] https://bugs.gentoo.org
23 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
24 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
25 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
26 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
27 http://www.halcy0n.com