From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QEMU on a partition
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 02:13:05
1 On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 5:56 PM, Grant Taylor
2 <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > I've found that removing not-strictly-needed layers of abstraction reduces
4 > complexity and makes things faster.
7 I can't find it again, but there was a neat writeup investigating the
8 TCP over TCP "tunnel collapse" phenomena. When two layers are doing
9 the same thing, there is a tendency for both to behave poorly. I'm not
10 sure any deeper explanation was or can be offered, but it is something
11 that holds true not only for network traffic, but disk IO and
12 databases as well.
13
14 Cheers,
15 R0b0t1