From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Networkmanager is started when start a service !
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:27:28
1 On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:13:00 +0800, 林守磊 wrote:
2
3 > I installed wicd and Networkmanger(with gnome3). I get a problem that
4 > when I start a service ,such as sshd, openvpn, it depend on net, which
5 > will case the Networkmanager started.
6
7 The Wicd init script does not provide the net service, I assume the NM
8 one does. If that is the case, the long term solution is to file a bug
9 report to get this fixed. The short term workround would be to add
10
11 rc_wicd_provide="net"
12
13 to /etc/rc.conf.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 All generalizations are false, including this one.