From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fbsplash
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:14:44
1 On Saturday 20 October 2007, twang.umn@×××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Since I already set "SPLASH_TTYS=1,2,3,4,5,6"
4 > In the /ect/conf.d/splash, it should not use splash on tty7,8.... But I
5 > still see the splash when I press "ctrl alt f8". Is there anything I
6 > misconfiged?
7
8 Did you have a look at the ebuild notes after you emerged splashutils:
9 =================================================
10 * Please note that the 'fbsplash' kernel patch has now been renamed to
11 * 'fbcondecor'. Accordingly, the old 'splash' initscript is now called
12 * 'fbcondecor'. Make sure you update your system. See:
13 * http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/fbcondecor/#history
14 * for further info about the name changes.
15 *
16 * Also note that splash_util has now been split into splash_util, fbsplashd
17 * and fbcondecor_ctl.
19
20 The latest stable splashutils (1.5.2.1) introduced /etc/conf.d/fbcondecor.
21 Have you tried specifying your tty's in there?
22
23 Hope this helps.
24 --
25 Regards,