From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] VOIP solution for dump terminals?
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 09:20:38
1 Hello. In an office we helped set up, there are a lot of X terminals for the
2 clerks. (These X terminals are the old computers from school's lab,
3 installed simple Gentoo Linux only to start X). Now they need VIOP, is it
4 possible? I mean, is it possible the clerks use VOIP on X terminals, when
5 the terminal equiped sound card, microphone but what they see on the screen
6 is actually produced by the powerful server (which has only one sound card)?
7
8 Ideas welcome! Thanks. I tried searched the portage and didn't discover a
9 VOIP solution that can work on console which might solve this problem.
10 (a.k.a "when you make a VOIP call, please use this shortcut to connect to
11 your own X terminal with telnet and operate the VOIP software")
15 Zhang Weiwu Real Softservice
16 International business: http://www.realss.com
17 International sales: 0086 10 84606011
18 Inland business: http://www.realss.cn
19 Inland sales call: 0086 592 2099987
20 Sent from Pine: http://www.washington.edu/pine/
21 --