From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Buying a low-cost printer for Linux
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 19:08:57
1 On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Chris Thomas <sruchris@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I've heard the some Samsung laser printers will only print a pre-set
3 > number of pages for each toner cartridge even if you have toner
4 > remaining.
5 >
6 > I would probably stay away from the 510s.
7 >
8 > http://www.dunfield.com/clp510/
11 > -Chris
14 Resourceful guy. Interesting page and interesting that he replaced it
15 with an HP 2605DN which is, as per one of my original comments about
16 buying printers, no longer available through NewEgg so it's not clear
17 to me what price range his printer was in. Clearly the cartridges are
18 expensive though.
19
20 These printers have short lifetimes in the retail chain...