From: "John H. Moe" <johnmoe@×××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] timeouts with dhcpcd 5.1
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 04:13:11
1 Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 11 Sep 2009, at 03:49, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi. I had a strange problem when I emerge dhcpcd 5.1 I get a timeout
6 >> when trying to get a lease -- it says broadcasting for a lease and times
7 >> out, however when I go back to 4.0.13 everything is fine. I even tried
8 >> toput -I "" in the command line to emulate the old behavior, but it
9 >> didn't make any difference.
10 >
11 > I'm pretty sure you can start dhcpcd with a verbose flag.
12 >
13 > Stroller.
14 Sure can. "dhcpcd -d <ifname>" will do it. Or put 'dhcpcd_<ifname>="-d"'
15 in your /etc/conf.d/net to have it always show the output during boot.
16
17 John Moe