From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there rpcgen in Gentoo and how to compile dev-perl/Ace?
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 01:12:41
1 Am Freitag, 10. November 2017, 01:50:04 CET schrieb Anton Molyboha:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I am trying to emerge dev-perl/Ace-1.920.0-r2 on my Gentoo Prefix on MacOS
5 > and it fails trying to run "rpcgen -I -K -1 rpcace.x" and not finding
6 > rpcgen (or rather finding the XCode version of it which I don't want)
9 rpcgen is part of
10 1) sys-libs/glibc[rpc] (not useful for you)
11 2) net-libs/rpcsvc-proto
14 > TL;DR: I have two questions:
15 > 1) Does anybody know of a Gentoo package which provides the tool "rpcgen"
16 > 2) Does anybody know how dev-perl/Ace is meant to be compiled and whether
17 > the dependence on rpcgen is necessary.
20 I'll have a look later. Best if you file a bug with all the info that you sent
21 to the list, then it won't be forgotten.
22
23 (I suppose dev-perl/Ace will also break with sys-libs/glibc-2.26, where the
24 built-in rpc support is going away, so this doesnt just affect your prefix. :)
27 Andreas K. Hüttel
28 dilfridge@g.o
29 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)