From: Emanuele Rusconi <emarsk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Poor mans audio in the world of the great Jack D.
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 18:39:50
1 On 18 May 2015 at 19:54, <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > From time to time I come across software, which directly wants
6 > to talks to good ole' alsa and get kicked by Sensei Jack D. for accessing
7 > a device, which already is occupied by him...
8 >
9 > Is there any way to go or any software to install which enables me to use
10 > Jack D.'ed software and alsa-acessing without shutting down and
11 > restarting that grandmaster Jack D. ?
12 >
13 > Thanks a lot for any Koan, which will light up my darkened ears!
14 > Best regards,
15 > Meino
20 And so the wise ~/.asoundrc thus spake:
23 ## http://jackaudio.org/faq/routing_alsa.html
24 ## http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc
25 pcm.jackplug {
26 type plug
27 slave { pcm "rawjack" }
28 hint { description "JACK Audio Connection Kit" }
29 }
30 pcm.rawjack {
31 type jack
32 playback_ports {