From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: OT: Re: [gentoo-user] X Freezes With Firefox on Many Post 2.6.38 Kernels
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 17:21:04
1 On Sunday 31 Jul 2011 01:53:39 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > All I have to do now is to persuade Win-XP to find the disk. No luck so
4 > far...
5
6 I don't know what's your partition topology, but you may want to use:
7
8 fixboot (to rewrite the partition boot record on the WinXP partition)
9 fixmbr (to rewrite the MBR boot code on the disk MBR)
10
11 with a MSWindows CD.
12
13 If the partition of the WinXP installation is intact then the position of the
14 partition on the disk may be causing you trouble, in which case play around
15 with the GRUB hide and chainload options to hide other disks/partitions, so
16 that WinXP thinks it is the first partition on the first disk.
17 --
18 Regards,
19 Mick