From: Stefano Crocco <posta@×××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange behavior of "tab" key with Libreoffice Calc and Plasma
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 18:59:29
1 Hello to everyone,
2 a few months ago I started noticing a very annoying behavior when pressing the
3 "tab" key in Libreoffice Calc. Previously, pressing this key would move the
4 cursor by one cell to the right, so that I could immediately start writing
5 into the cell. Now, while the cursor is moved to the correct cell (I can see
6 the black border around it), I can't write in it immediately anymore. To move
7 the cursor to the next cell and be able to immediately write in it, I need to
8 press the tab key twice. It seems that somehow pressing the tab key once gives
9 focus to the menu bar: pressing tab once, then pressing "F" brings down the
10 file menu; pressing tab, then pressing "E" displays the edit menu and so on.
11
12 I tried creating a new user, but this behavior doesn't change. Starting a new
13 X session using fvwm instead of Plasma makes the tab key start working
14 correctly again (but using fwvm --replace to replace the window manager from
15 inside a Plasma session does not). I tried looking at the various keyboard
16 shortcuts in both SystemSettings and Libreoffice Calc hoping to find some hints,
17 but I didn't find anything suspicious.
18
19 Has anyone experienced this behavior? I tried looking for a bug report on
20 bugs.gentoo.org but I found none. I also tried google but again without
21 results.
22
23 Thanks in advance
24