From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Nvidia and poor codec performance (sync)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:10:40
1 On 16/01/14 03:12, João Matos wrote:
2 > Dear list,
3 >
4 > I'm having problem to watch videos on Gentoo, since I can't remember. I
5 > got stripes all the time, but it get worse iv the scene is fast.
6 >
7 > A couple days ago, a friend borrowed my Nvidia gt 240, and I started to
8 > use my at-least-seven-year-old onboard Intel card. For my surprise, I
9 > can watch any videos without problem.
10 >
11 > Unfortunately I didn't get my card back to do some testing, but I'd like
12 > to share it with you to see if someone had any similar problem. My
13 > system is ~amd64, including the nvidia-drivers.
14 >
15 > Thank you,
16
17 The problem is Xv output. There seems to be a bug in driver that results
18 in tearing and rendering corruption on the tearing line.
19
20 VDPAU and GL output should be working correctly.