From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Epic list of total FAIL.
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 17:07:42
1 On Friday, August 21, 2015 11:00:16 AM Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > Grant Edwards wrote:
3 > Yeah, I know there's a single bit error out at the end of RAM that will
4 > appear on the third or fourth pass...
5
6 Replace it
7
8 > I have already RMA'd half of the ram in this machine because it was
9 > giving a whole fist-full of errors across two sticks... I run the rusty
10 > old bus on the CPU ( SIX CORES!!!!) a bit harder than it was intended
11 > in order to keep up with the new junk. My previous machine had ECC. =(
12 >
13 > I was advised to just jack the voltage a little bit and live with it. I
14 > guess I'd better run more tests and see what the situation is....
15
16 Advised by who?
17
18 > It just doesn't seem reasonable to demand that every bit in a 32
19 > gigabyte memory bank be absolutely perfect....
20
21 I have machines with a lot more and all of them work perfectly.
22
23 Please don't bother this list with more of your complaining until you grow up
24 and learn how to use computers properly.