From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unclear (to me) errors from portage
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 13:13:13
1 On Fri, Aug 08 2014, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday, August 07, 2014 11:33:34 PM gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
4 >> I was away for two weeks and now one of my systems cannot be updated due
5 >> to conflicts. The entire (long) emerge output is at the end of
6 >> this msg.
9 >> ------------------ The first conflict is -------------------
10 >
11 > <snipped long list of conflicts>
12 >
13 > I notice a few perl blockers.
14 > You could try the following:
15 >
16 > # emerge -vuD1 $(qlist -IC 'virtual/perl-*')
17 > # perl-cleaner --all -v -- -v
18 >
19 > And then retry to update world.
20 > I've been encountering some perl blockages myself, and this cleared it up for
21 > me.
22 >
23 > --
24 > Joost
25
26 Thank you this fixed the perl blockers for me as well (but see my next
27 msg about the ffmpeg/libav conflict).
28
29 thanks again,
30 allan