From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: freeSwitch
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 16:38:32
1 On Thursday, April 28, 2016 04:06:50 PM James wrote:
2 > Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:
3 > > Bah. So you guys aren't going to let me get away with trash-talking
4 > > without
5 > > some accountability of details. OK. I'll let you know when I've written up
6 > > something; I've already emailed one person a handful of my complaints in
7 > > bullet form. But that'd need to get more properly fleshed out before I
8 > > drop it somewhere more archival in nature.
9 >
10 > Like I said, it's GOOD to have you back, brah.....
11
12 Hey, the major reason for my absence was / is *time*. So the more time
13 investment I have to make, the less likely I am to speak up in the first place.
14 ;)
17 > > I use freeswitch here all the time as my home pbx and it does things
18 > > asterisk either cannot do, or only with great difficulty. I can even
19 > > put c# code in it using mono and a lot of times the xml is insufficient
20 > > and this is where this comes in handy. There is a mailing list, so you
21 > > can ask questions as well. Its one strength and also weakness is there
22 > > are a lot of variables, some of which are poorly documented, and some
23 > > not documented at all.
24 >
25 > Perhaps we need some code help, to join our team. Sinced MM has deep
26 > experience with shrot comings and other like what works form them, do
27 > we have a quorum?
28
29 To be clear, 80% of my grievances with FreeSwitch have to do with the nature
30 of their configuration and documentation. 9% had to do with a weird issue
31 wherin we wound up rebooting the VM containing FS on a schedule; none of my
32 instrumentation made it obvious what the nature of the leak was, but somehow
33 rebooting the VM would resolve the issue. The remaining 1% was the difficulty in
34 setting the thing up for anything but their preferred platform.
38 :wq