From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/sbin/mysqld: No such file or directory
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:15:13
1 Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I installed mysql (amd64), but it does not want to start:
5 >
6 > obelix ~ # /etc/init.d/mysql start
7 > * Caching service dependencies ... [ ok ]
8 > * ...
9 > * Starting mysql (/etc/mysql/my.cnf)
10 > start-stop-daemon: stat /usr/sbin/mysqld: No such file or directory
11 > * MySQL NOT started (2) [ !! ]
12 > obelix ~ #
13 >
14 > And there is really no /usr/sbin/mysqld...
15 > But why does start-up script want to start /usr/sbin/mysqld???
18 Saw a guy with this same issue last night on IRC. You didn't happen to
19 use the minimal USE flag did you? If you did, you've only installed the
20 client libs rather than the whole package. Or at least that's what we
21 figured and he never got back to me on whether -minimal fixed it.
22
23 kashani
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list