From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PMTUD
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 17:55:35
1 >> OK, does PMTUD lower the outgoing packet size on my system due to the
2 >> hotel router's lower MTU or does the hotel router itself fragment my
3 >> 1500 byte packets in order to send them out? Just curious.
4 >
5 > If you are sending out packets with the DF bit set no fragmentation will take
6 > place - the packet is dropped and an appropriate message is returned to
7 > sender. Otherwise the router will fragment them and send them on to the
8 > recipient address.
9
10 Shouldn't PMTUD change my MTU based on the hotel router's lower MTU?
11
12 - Grant