From: "Matthew R. Lee" <leemr@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] automounter
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:40:11
1 I've been wrestling with this all weekend. My last emerge --update world
2 emerged dbus and hal. Now usb storage devices are not mounted. I've been
3 getting the following message during boot:
4 rc
5 * Starting Automounter ...
6 /usr/bin/ivman: error while loading shared libraries: libhal.so.0: cannot open
7 shared object file: No such file or directory [ !! ]
8
9 libhal.so.0 does not exist but libhal.so.1.0.0 does, it the same for
10 libdbus-glib-1.so.0 and libdbus-1.so.0
11
12 I tried re-emerging ivman, which recompiled dbus and hal. Now I get the
13 following message:
14 rc
15 * Caching service dependencies ...
16 [ ok ]
17 * Starting Automounter ...
18 libhal.c 644 : Error connecting to system bus: Failed to connect to
19 socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
20
21 ** (process:11953): WARNING **: manager.c/656: Failed to initialize HAL!
22 [ !! ]
23
24 I've run out of ideas, I've only a vague idea of what's going on. Can anyone
25 point me in the direction of where I should be looking for a solution?
26 Gracias
27 Matt
28 --
29 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%