From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng 10s pause during startup
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 15:15:00
1 Within the past week or two, I've noticed that on one of my machines
2 when syslog-ng is starting at boot, it pauses for about 10s with a
3 message something like "checking config file". I'm using the default
4 installed config file, and it has a single non-coment line in it:
5
6 SYSLOG_NG_OPTS=""
7
8 I use the exact same configuration on all my machines, but only on
9 this one does syslog-ng spend 10s "checking" it. Unfortunately, it's
10 the one machine (a laptop) that gets booted frequently.
11
12 Why would syslog-ng need 10 seconds to check a virtually empty config
13 file?
16 Grant