From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How can I control ttyS0 respawning speed?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:08:21
1 Hi,
2 I have set-up serial console on my server in /etc/inittab:
3
4 s0:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 ttyS0 vt100
5
6 It mostly works, with one exception: right after boot-up
7 I get this message:
8
9 INIT: ID "s0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
10
11 Of course, I can see this only on attached monitor, because
12 ttyS0 is dead. After those 5min ttyS0 is again up/running
13 and I can finally log in. I tried lowering port speed
14 down to 9600, but it does not make any difference...
15
16 How can I control that respawn speed, or prohibit this
17 behavior (disabling ttyS0 for 5min)? I do not like waiting
18 5min to log in, after I restarted server...
19
20 Jarry
24 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
25 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.