From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Systemd systemctl : Failed to get D-Bus connection
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:54:49
1 Hi,
2 Wanted to see whats all the fuss about so I tried installing Systemd on a
3 laptop. following the guide on wiki.gentoo.org [1].
4
5 But I am having trouble running systemctl to configure the services I want
6 started. Heres what I get (both as root and as a normal user).
7
8 # systemctl --all --full
9 Failed to get D-Bus connection: No connection to service manager.
10
11 I know Dbus is running for sure.
12
13 $ ps ax | grep dbus
14 2094 ? Ss 0:09 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system
15 2803 ? S 0:00 /usr/bin/dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-
16 session
17 2804 ? Ss 0:06 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --fork --print-pid 5 --print-
18 address 7 --session
19
20 I tried booting with systemd to see what happens. It starts booting fine up to
21 the point where it starts mounting the partitions. It just stops after
22 mounting my /home partition. Nothing works at this point apart from a hard
23 reboot. My partitioning is simple separate partitions for boot, home, root and
24 the portage tree (all ext4). No separate /usr (phew). Also I do not have an
25 initramfs.
26
27 What am I missing? do I need to modify any of the systemd config files? etc?
30 Here are the details of some of the packages.
31
32 sys-fs/udev-182-r2 (gudev hwdb keymap openrc rule_generator -build -debug -doc
33 -floppy -introspection -selinux -static-libs)
34
35 sys-apps/systemd-43 (acl pam tcpd -audit -cryptsetup -gtk -lzma -plymouth -
36 selinux)
37
38 Thanks.
39
40 [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Systemd
44 - Yohan Pereira
45
46 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
47 between a mermaid and a seal.
48 -- Mark Twain