From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DRI doesn't work with Radeon XPress 200M and opensource Drivers
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 00:47:06
1 On Thursday 18 January 2007 14:25, Jerônimo Backes
2 <germanobax@×××××××××.br> wrote about '[gentoo-user] DRI doesn't work with
3 Radeon XPress 200M and opensource Drivers':
4 > I've tried everthing I found on google and the forums and still can't
5 > find the way to make DRI work with my ATI Radeon XPress 200M and the
6 > opensource drivers.
7 >
8 > (II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering broken on XPRESS 200 and 200M
9
10 This does indicate that the radon driver has specific code that checks for
11 your the XPRESS 200M and disables DRI for some reason. Until driver is
12 updated to remove that restriction, you will not be able to use DRI.
13
14 If you feel like experimenting, you might try an testing or masked version
15 of x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati, which provides the radeon driver for Xorg.
16 Though, my box shows no versions available that is greater than stable.
19 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
20 bss03@××××××××××.net
21 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy