From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: svn tools only
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:12:25
1 On 2010-07-20, Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2010/7/20 <fajfusio@××.pl>:
3 >> Hello
4 >>
5 >> Is it possible to emerge svn tools only.
6 >>
7 >> I mean I want to check out sources, commit modifications. I don't want to
8 >> have the repository intalled on my machine.
9 >>
10 >> If it is possible what package should I install ?
11
12 > You can disable apache and webdav useflags, but I don't think you can
13 > avoid installing svnserve?
14
15 No, but why bother. It's only 60K, and it just sits in /usr/bin
16 harmlessly doing nothing.
17
18 > You can choose to not use it and not create repositories on your
19 > local machine (I can't remember if portage automatically creates a
20 > repository in /var/svn,
21
22 No, it doesn't.
23
24 > but even if it does, you do not have to use it. An empty repository
25 > takes like 150K of which 44K is example hooks that you can delete.
26 > I'm sure portage itself will also not explode if you delete the
27 > contents /var/svn?
28 >
29 > Unless you have very stringent size restrictions on your install,
30 > emerge subversion and only use what you need.
31
32 Exactly.
35 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I wonder if I should
36 at put myself in ESCROW!!
37 gmail.com