From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: font path [WAS: xterm menu]
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 19:53:59
1 On 2016-12-19 09:54, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2
3 > Maybe you emerged the meta package x11-base/xorg-x11 ?
4
5 Right, I did.
6
7 > >Lastly, not what you've asked but a friendly suggestion: consider
8 > >dropping xterm and adopting rxvt, especially rxvt-unicode.
9 >
10 > Why? Does urxvt has a "secure mode"? (which was the point, after all)
11 > I browsed the man page and didn't find it.
12
13 You're right, rxvt doesn't do that. I never (well, almost never) enter
14 passwords into a terminal box - everything that needs passwords calls
15 pinentry which, as was pointed out in the other thread, does its own
16 keyboard grab.
17
18 I use rxvt because it doesn't have a huge part that nobody uses.
19
20 > I used urxvt for some time years ago, but got disappointed, can't
21 > remember why (And to boot, the author said Linux *should* be called
22 > GNU/Linux! )
23
24 I missed the smiley here.
27 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
28 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
29 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html