From: galevsky@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge human readable format.
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:31:05
1 emerge --sync makes a call to rsync program ? I did not take the time
2 yet to learn more about Gentoo specific softwares, but I will do that
3 soon. Look at the sizes format in bytes. Today it often happens -well,
4 most of the time- several Mo of download, so the byte unit is not very
5 useful but Kb/Mb/Gb units could be a more human readable format. I
6 used to deal with --si or -H when using df as an example. By default,
7 size unit is byte, but when you want to understand the numbers with no
8 mental extra operation, It is quite good to print the more suitable
9 unit.
10
11 Let's see my previous example:
12
13 [...]
14 Total transferred file size: 3030220 bytes
15 [...]
16
17 well, if a 'human readable option' was available, we can imagine the
18 output to be:
19
20 Total transferred file size: 2.89 Mb
21