From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I eject an audio CD inside Gnome?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 21:01:45
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 22:49 on Sunday 29 May 2011, Alan Mackenzie
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > Hi, Gentoo.
5 >
6 > I've now managed to play CDs in Gnome, primarily by adding myself to the
7 > cdrom group. I do wish all these restrictions, enforced by group
8 > membership, could be switched off.
9 >
10 > Having played a CD, I discover there's no way to eject it; the physical
11 > button on the drive is inactive until I exit from Gnome, which is
12 > clearly suboptimal.
13 >
14 > However, if I start Gnome as root, I can eject a CD trouble freely.
15 > But running as root is also suboptimal.
16 >
17 > So, I thought, maybe this "feature" is another pesky group restriction.
18 > So I tried adding myself to group "disk", then to group "cdrw", all to
19 > no avail. I still couldn't eject the disk.
20
21 With a CD in the drive and gnome running, please post the output of
22
23 mount
24 cat /etc/mtab
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com