From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: All sorts of digest verification failures
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 19:05:49
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > I deleted the busybox directory from the tree then ran emerge --sync.
4 > The error is still there
5
6 You have the same files that I have.
7 Unfortunately, only now I actually did:
8
9 $ grep busybox-9999 Manifest
10 EBUILD busybox-9999.ebuild 8580 [...]
11
12 ???
13 I have the same wrong size recorded in the Manifest!
14 No idea why portage didn't yell at me - there seems
15 to be another bug involved.
16
17 So, sorry, my previous conjecture was wrong.
18
19 The only information which I can give you currently,
20 is that probably all mirrors contain the same broken Manifest
21 in the moment.
22
23 *Perhaps* (a very wild conjecture!) the reason why this Manifest
24 got not updated is the same bug which caused portage not to yell
25 at me, despite the broken Manifest.
26
27 As a temporary hack, calling "ebuild manifest" on that file is
28 probably the only reasonable way to proceed, but this problem
29 must be fixed, of course...