From: Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo and WindowMaker
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 13:34:53
1 On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:55:53 -0600 Brad Camroux <bgcamroux@××××.ca> wrote:
2
3 > Greetings,
4 >
5 > I've been trying to get WindowMaker working on my Gentoo box, so far
6 > without success. It's very difficult to find anything on Google
7 > et. al., too about getting things working. Today I managed to find
8 > the wmaker.inst program to install WindowMaker for the current user,
9 > but when I try to login and load WindowMaker, it just goes back to
10 > my kdm screen. I've been using Fluxbox in the meantime, and really
11 > don't want to just give up and go back to KDE. I want to use
12 > a nice, lightweight window manager.
13 >
14 > Does anyone have any ideas about configuring WindowMaker to work on
15 > Gentoo? I know lots of people have done it, but nobody seems to
16 > write a detailed account of how.
17 >
18 > Thanks,
19 >
20 > Brad
21
22 [Do not use 'reply' when you are posting a new message, please.]
23
24 No extra configuring is needed to run WindowMaker. Just to choose
25 'GNUStep WindowMaker' session in your display manager (kdm, gdm) and
26 login.
27
28 It seem that in your case wmaker is crashing or so. Try to remove
29 GNUstep directory from your home. If it does not help, look into the
30 file ~/.xsession-errors if there is some error.
31
32 Robert
36 Robert Cernansky
37 E-mail: hslists2@××××××.sk