From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Allow work from home?
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 19:39:42
1 On 2016-01-19, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > As far as I understand it RDP is different to VNC, in the sense that
4 > instead of sending every pixel down the line it only sends
5 > compressed semantic information *about* a desktop component
6 > (e.g. the start button, a control signal, etc.) and the client
7 > interprets this locally as a button or a control command. It is also
8 > using caching to minimise retransmission.
9
10 I don't think so. AFAICT, RDP (a-la Windows) and VNC both do exaclty
11 the same thing: they send display pixel info to be displayed. They
12 try to optimize the process by only sending deltas and by using
13 various compression schemes, but they're both doing the basically the
14 same thing. RDP also has a bunch of other stuff to support things
15 like audio, printer, filesystem, and serial/prallel port redirection
16 that I don't think VNC ever had. But the display/mouse/keyboard part
17 of it works pretty much the same.
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I hope something GOOD
21 at came in the mail today so
22 gmail.com I have a REASON to live!!