From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need for revdep-rebuild
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 20:58:58
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 26 July 2011 07:57:26 Dale wrote:
5 >> If it needs you to run preserved-libs it will tell you. Most of the
6 >> time it will for revdep-rebuild but not always. It just depends on
7 >> whether or not the dev told it to tell us I guess.
8 >>
9 > And to discover that that was my problem I had to find the stabilisation bug
10 > for icu-4.8. Not very helpful, I deem.
13 >> I guess they are waiting on the sun to come up in the west or
14 >> something.
15 >>
16 > "Did the Earth move for you?" It certainly would in such an eventuality!
20 Well, portage 2.2 has been in "testing" for ages. I been using it for
21 ages too and I'm not sure why it needs more testing since it works
22 fine. I seem to have had better luck with the unstable portage than I
23 have with a stable. :/
24
25 The earth is always moving. ;-)
26