From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update behavior
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:15:52
1 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > On 2012-01-01 6:22 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> 2) I forget the -1 sometimes when I do an individual package update.
5 >> However I generally remember to go back and hand edit the world file
6 >> once a quarter or so and remove anything that isn't a real
7 >> application, etc.
8 >
9 > How do you tell which is which?
10
11 There is a package app-portage/udep which used to do this. However it is
12 masked and marked as not working with current portage facilities (such
13 as EAPI), so is almost certainly not safe to use. It would be good if
14 this could be updated to handle current portage.