From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: /home on other partion move
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:05:34
1 On 16/07/12 18:34, Silvio Siefke wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > my hdd is full and on the free partion i want make the /home partion.
5 > But how can make it? Copy and fstab? When i mount the partion over thunar
6 > i can not write as user on the partion.
7
8 You cannot write to /home directly, only in your own /home/me home
9 directory.
12 > /dev/sda3 on /run/media/siefke/data type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=udisks2)
13
14 You should probably apply a label to the partition (like "Home") and
15 then in fstab:
16
17 LABEL=Home /home ext4 defaults,exec 0 2
18
19 Make sure you moved and not copied your old /home/* stuff. If you
20 copied, then delete the old /home:
21
22 rm -rf /home
23 mkdir /home
24
25 If you really want to write to /home directly as a user, then unmount it
26 and do:
27
28 chmod a+w /home
29
30 Now mount it, and do the above command again. Everyone will now be able
31 to write to /home (and the permission will be kept between
32 mounts/unmounts/reboots.)