From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server/nvidia/x86-driver updated: No kbd, no mouse
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:49:48
1 meino.cramer@×××.de schrieb am 25.04.2010 14:25:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I updated to the newest nvidia-drivers-195.36.24 and to xorg-1.80.
6 > Afterwards I etc-updated and recompiled the output of
7 > qlist -I -C x11-drivers and did a modprobe -r.
8 > I rebooted. X11 starts with no problem but the keyboard
9 > and the mouse were not responding.
10 >
11 > The xorg logfiles says that there are no input-devices
12 > specified and that module dri and dri2 couldn't be found.
13 > A quick look at man xorg.conf says nothing about definitions
14 > of input devices.
15 > The previous versions has had no problems with my xorg.conf,
16 > so something added with the latest update may have killed
17 > the functionality...
18 >
19 > What did I wrong?
20 >
21 > Thank you very much in advance for any help in advance!
22
23 Afaik input devices are managed by udev instead of hal in xorg-1.8. There is an
24 upgrade guide [1] but I don't know if it is official and finished.
25
26 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.8-upgrade-guide.xml
29 Daniel Pielmeier