From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: DST didn't happen: quickinstall doc is wrong...
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:34:56
1 On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 15:33 -0400, John covici wrote:
2 > I wish you could have an option for portage to stop until these things
3 > are acknowledged -- I had a 106 package update of which the timezone
4 > data were a part and I use script and check these little notices,
5 > however its easy to miss such things.
6
7 If that ever happened I hope it would be made optional. I'm just the
8 opposite. I would hate to come back to my system to learn that 105
9 packages didn't get built because someone decided to interrupt it
10 because of a change in an /etc/* file. Furthermore, I wouldn't trust
11 what individual package maintainers thought was worthy of interrupting
12 my build. Builds should only be interrupted if they cannot continue.
15 Albert W. Hopkins
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list