From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel 4.14.7 no longer switches to VT7
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 17:27:13
1 On Monday, 25 December 2017 10:07:11 GMT Jörg Schaible wrote:
2 > Hi Raymond,
3 >
4 > Am Sat, 23 Dec 2017 22:59:32 -0800 schrieb Raymond Jennings:
5 > > That sounds like a possible issue with your X configuration.
6 > >
7 > > Did you double check /etc/conf.d/xdm and the like to make sure that your
8 > > VT is indeed set to 7.
9 >
10 > Content of /etc/conf.d/xdm
11 > ======= %< ==============
12 > CHECKVT=7
13 > DISPLAYMANAGER="sddm"
14 > rc_use="mysql"
15 > ======= %< ==============
16 >
17 > > Also double check your display manager configuration.
18 > >
19 > > If your manual VT switch works fine I'd suspect a misbehaving display
20 > > manager possibly being confused by bad configuration
21 >
22 > Then, why does it work seamlessly when I boot with the old 4.12.12 kernel?
23 >
24 > Since I have this behavior with two desktop machines, I thought others might
25 > haven been affected as well ...
26 >
27 > Cheers,
28 > Jörg
29
30 This won't help, but:
31
32 sddm has been broken on 3 different PCs here with Intel and AMD CPUs, on
33 different MoBos, for months. As far as I recall it always launched the
34 desktop, but would not logout on the first attempt. It also broke udisks
35 because I could no longer mount storage devices using the GUI. I've posted a
36 bug, but nothing came of it other than the recommendation to try later
37 versions - all of them borked. On my own laptop I've moved to lightdm.
38
39 --
40 Regards,
41 Mick