From: John Campbell <jdc.rpv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server-1.10 breaks nvidia-drivers
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 21:35:58
1 On 04/01/2011 08:09 AM, walt wrote:
2 > I just updated from xorg-server-1.9 to 1.10, but even the newest beta
3 > from nvidia
4 > complains that 1.10 isn't supported yet for my video cards GeForce FX
5 > 5200 and
6 > GeForce 6150SE.
7 >
8 > Perhaps drivers for newer cards will work, but I don't know.
9 >
10 > The good old nv driver still works with 1.10, happily.
11
12 The 270.30 drivers work for newer cards. It does look like Nvidia has
13 been letting the legacy drivers slide though. I'm not sure how the
14 legacy numbering system works, but the newest legacy driver seems to be
15 from October.
16
17 Just to make sure though, as I forgot to to rebuild the drivers, and had
18 evdev failures...you did rebuild your drivers x11-drivers?