From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strangeness with KDE 3.4
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:41:59
1 Shawn Singh schreef:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > I recently rebuilt my Gentoo box, but have had a few problems that
5 > I've not been able to figure out:
6 >
7 > 2. Only 1 user shows up in KDE, even though I have 2 users for the
8 > system.
11 What does this mean? Are you saying that one of your users doesn't show
12 up in the KDM "click my little image to set me as the user about to log
13 in" screen (but the other one does)? Or something else?
14
15 Is the user valid? Can the user log in via either typing their name in
16 the Username box in KDM, or by using the button to go to a console login
17 and logging in from there?
18
19 If so, then the issue is likely with KDM just not having settings for
20 that user, or the user id is out of the range that KDM shows by default,
21 or that that user is hidden in KDM, the way root is by default. I'd
22 check out the KDE Control Center=> System Administration=> Login
23 Manager=> Administrator Mode=> Users tab and see if something rings a
24 bell there.
25
26 If the user is in fact not valid (can't log in at all) then of course
27 the problem is likely not with KDE-- and if you mean something else by
28 "only one user shows up, even though I have two users for the system",
29 then you'd have to tell me/us what precisely that is, as I at least
30 cannot even guess :-) .
31
32 HTH,
33 Holly