From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/src/linux gone
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:00:13
1 On Wednesday 09 March 2011 23:29:56 sean wrote:
2 > I just did an update of my system and now the linux directory under
3 > /usr/src is not there.
4 > In fact under /usr/src there is nothing.
5 >
6 > Something change or would anyone have any ideas of what might have
7 > happened, and how to fix?
8
9 I can't help with your problem, but it's odd that I had something similar
10 happen the other day. I was making a fresh installation of Gentoo on an
11 oldish dual-Opteron box, booting rescue-CD and using two SATA disks with md
12 RAID and LVM2. I'd spent the whole afternoon on this, as many steps are
13 involved, and I'd eventually reached the installation of GRUB into /boot,
14 when I got an error saying that /boot was mounted read-only. On
15 investigating, I found that everything I'd put on those two disks had
16 disappeared, as though in a puff of smoke. All that was left was the
17 underlying partition layout, but with no content. Vanished, without trace,
18 just like your kernel tree.
19
20 I'm mystified. Oh well, just start again.
21
22 So I sympathise with you in your frustration.
25 Rgds
26 Peter