From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kdelibs -plasma -webkit
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 20:00:21
1 On Saturday 28 March 2009 19:53:59 James wrote:
2 > OK, let's play along....
3 >
4 > I have both "webkit" and plasma in my make.conf file.
5 >
6 > So upon checking for updates, I get:
7 >
8 > [ebuild R ] kde-base/kdelibs-4.2.1-r3 USE="3dnow acl alsa bzip2 fam
9 > jpeg2k mmxnls opengl semantic-desktop spell sse sse2 ssl (-altivec)
10 > -bindist -debug -doc -kdeprefix -kerberos -openexr -test -zeroconf
11 > (-plasma%) (-webkit%*)" 0 kB
15 > Hmmmmm,
18 > It looks to me as though this version of kdelibs indeed
19 > uses plasma and webkit but want to delete them, or is
20 > this portages way of telling that theses are no longer
21 > valid flags.
22
23 The latter. Specifically,
24
25 You have these flags in USE, but portage is going to remerge kdelibs without
26 them (-) as they are no longer valid (%) for 4.2.1-r3
27
28 The ebuild and the Changelog separately mention that these flags are now
29 redundant as support is mandatory
30
31 > If so are they no long valid for kdelibs (in which case
32 > I leave them in make.conf) or are they completely
33 > deprecated flages (and hence I should removed them
34 > from make.conf)?
35
36 The former. Other stuff is likely to make use of plasma and webkit (they are
37 fairly generic things)
40 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com