From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recovery from /var corruption?
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:13:53
1 On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 19:33:23 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > So I got my wife's machine booted today using a install disk and
4 > played a bit with e2fsck. The machine stopped being happy last night
5 > due to some sort of corruption on the /var partition. e2fsck
6 > complained about 3 or 4 files and then repaired the partition. The
7 > machine booted cleanly as far as I can tell.
8 >
9 > So, something went bad and I managed to sneak around it for a while
10 > and now I'm sort of living with the machine wondering what to do.
11
12 Check the disk with smartmontools.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 All mail what i send is thoughly proof-red, definately!