From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg.conf changes and dual screen setup
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:45:43
1 > As it happens I noticed that my TV out also stopped working recently.
2 > However, I run ATI not nvidia. I blamed the latest xorg-server for it and
3 > left it at that. When I run xrandr, just like you, I only see the laptop's
4 > screen:
5 > ==========================================
6 > $ xrandr
7 > Screen 0: minimum 320 x 175, current 1024 x 768, maximum 1024 x 768
8 > default connected 1024x768+0+0 0mm x 0mm
9 > 1024x768 60.0*
10 > 320x175 60.0
11 > 320x200 60.0
12 > 360x200 60.0
13 > 320x240 60.0
14 > 400x300 60.0
15 > 512x384 60.0
16 > 832x624 60.0
17 > ==========================================
18 >
19 > xrandr --output --auto doesn't change things and xrandr --output TV --on
20 > brings up the --help page.
21 >
22 > Anyone else noticed this & found a fix?
23
24 I also get the same xrandr output. Maybe it is not a problem with the
25 ati or nvidia drivers.
26 I also thought this must be a bug in xorg-server, as it happened after
27 upgrading to version 1.3. I masked to xorg-server-1.3 and downgraded
28 to xorg-server-1.2 which fixes ths problem for me.
29
30 This is just a temporary solution. I hope this will be fixed in future
31 versions, may it be xorg-server or the proprietary drivers of nvidia
32 or ati.
33
34 Regards,
35