From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: neil@×××××××.nu
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD64 LiveCD 2007.0 problem
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:32:35
1 On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:51:09 +0000
2 Neil Walker wrote:
3
4 > David Relson wrote:
5 > > I've gotten this same NMI error the last 4 times I've booted -- even
6 > > using a second copy of the 2007.0 LiveCD that I happened to have
9 > Given that you have stated that you want a command line, dump the
10 > LiveCD. Use the Minimal Install CD or, better still, SystemRescueCD -
11 > which includes many tools which can make life easier during
12 > installation or maintenance. :)
15 > Be lucky,
16 >
17 > Neil
18
19 Good suggestion! As mentioned my goal is upgrading Gentoo as I've
20 replaced my Athlon XP mobo with an AMD64 x2 mobo. Is the
21 SystemRescueCD usable for this?
22
23 Thanks.
24