From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gstreamer
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 07:57:43
1 On Tuesday 01 April 2008, Ted Ozolins wrote:
2 > I have both gstreamer-0.8 and -0.10 on my system. -0.8 is no longer
3 > in portage. Revdep-rebuild complains about several packages as broken
4 > and
5 >
6 > require gstreamer-0.8. I tried following:
7 > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Troubleshooting_Gstreamer
8 >
9 > Can I emerge -C =media-libs/gstreamer-0.8 without borking my system?
10
11 Please post the output of revdep-rebuild -p -i
12
13 Do these various packages require specifically gstreamer-0.8? If so,
14 that is a bug and should be rpeorted at b.g.o. In general, unmerging
15 gstreamer-0.8 will cause other things linked to it to now not work, so
16 I reckon you will suffer some fallout if you just unmerge it.
17
18 A good safety net will be to look into the portage cache in /var/db/pkg,
19 you will find a copy of the current gstreamer-0.8 ebuild you are using
20 there. Copy it to your local overlay so you can remerge it if
21 necessary. Do the same with any plugins that are also not in portage
22 anymore
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list